Holy moly! It's already Friday?! This week of spring break flew wayyy too fast! Anyway, it's time to link up again for Doodle Bugs Teaching Five for Friday!
1. Let's start with revealing the truths from last Sunday's post here.
1. I attended the same school from Pre-K through my senior year of high school. TRUTH
I guess I should have made that a little more clear. I wasn't in the same school building for all those years, but I did go to the same school. We were a small school district and all of our school buildings were on the same piece of land. K-8 were in one building and the high school in another building. I've grown up in the same house and community until I graduated from high school!
2. I have traveled outside of the country 3 times in my life. LIE
I have only traveled outside of the country 2 times in my life. Once was for our honeymoon in Riviera Maya, Mexico and then last summer we took a trip to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. I didn't travel much at all as a kid, so I get to experience all of these new places together with my husband! I love it! :)
3. I originally went to college to become an interior designer. TRUTH
When I was in elementary school, I always wanted to be a teacher. In fact, my younger sister (who was in kindergarten when I was in 5th grade) was my student. I would be teaching her skills that were just below 5th grade level and I loved to grade papers! Haha! I was such a mean teacher that I had to bribe her into becoming my student again and I made her sign a paper saying she wouldn't quit! My parents found this and many other "school" items just a couple years ago! Anyway, once I hit 8th grade, I knew I wanted to be an interior designer and nothing else. I went to orientation to learn about the program and enroll and I knew right then and there that it wasn't for me. I ended up going into music education for a semester which then led me to elementary education. Even with all of that, I still managed to graduate and get my degree in 3.5 years! By the way, I know for a fact that I made the right choice!! :)
2. We are in the midst of trying to sell our house, so we decided to paint our bathroom over the break. The new gray walls really brighten up the room and are probably more appealing to buyers...we hope!
3. I ordered a new computer and it came in this week!!! WHOOOHOOO!!! I love it!
With my new computer, I finished up and posted a little Easter treat! If you hurry, it is on sale for a limited time at my TpT store! Click the picture to check it out!
What I should be doing with this new computer are my lesson plans....eeeeekkk!!! Like I said, this spring break has slipped away! I guess I better make the time tomorrow morning to get them finished!
4. I got to do a little pampering over the break with a couple of my best friends. They are both teachers who I met in college, so it is nice that we had the same spring break to catch up! I just wish it was warm enough outside to wear sandals already...enough of this white stuff!
5. I am now back at my parents' house to celebrate my dad's 60th birthday this weekend! I have the best dad in the world and we are going to celebrate with a card party which is exactly his kind of party!
(For those that don't know what a card party is, it is just where we play 10pt. pitch in small groups and keep score to hopefully move up to the high table. I grew up thinking everybody knew what a card party was, but after telling my friends about it I found out everybody doesn't know! Haha!!)
Just a little picture with my dad from our wedding a few years ago. He sure doesn't look 60!
Have a super weekend everybody and go link up!!