That's right, only four more Fridays before we are summer bound! Technically we only have 3 more Fridays with the kids because we have a professional development on May 3rd. Fridays are great, but for some reason the last few Fridays I have come home completely exhausted! I've either gone to bed extremely early or taken an entirely too long of a nap. It is CRAZY! So now, after waking up from my 2ish hour nap (Yikes!), I am linking up with Doodle Bugs' Five for Friday!
1. We planted our grass heads! This was my first experience with this and overall it went well. We had stations and while they weren't at a station to make their grass head, they were writing about their grass head. Of course it was wild at times, but it's all about the experience right?! :)
2. We had our kindergarten concert this week and the kids were adorable!! It was so much fun to see them in a different light and just step back to watch them and not be "in charge" like usual! The last song was so cute! "1 little, 2 little, 3 Lincoln Lions. 4 little, 5 little, 6 Lincoln Lions. 7 little, 8 little, 9 Lincoln Lions. 10 Lincoln lions ROAR!!" They really got into the "ROAR" part as you can imagine! :)
3. We've had the craziest weather this week. One day it's snowing on the green grass and the next day it's almost 70 degrees and sunny! Then today we got more rain! It's wild, but I think, I HOPE, the warmer weather is here to stay for a while!
4. We were hoping the cute little ducks we made last week would help bring back spring! I am so excited and impressed with my kiddos' writing. They have come such a long way this year! *Tear* Now it's almost time to send them off to 1st grade...
|"I like to splash in the mud when it is raining. I like to catch the water on my tongue when it is raining."|
|"I like to play with my legos. I do not like rainy days."|
|"I like to get wet in the rain. I like to watch TV."|
|"On rainy days after it rains, me and my brother get mud. It is fun and we stay inside and drink hot cocoa."|
5. We have 18 days left of school!! Where did it go?! I am almost no longer a first year teacher and THAT, my friends, is exciting!!
One more thing, don't forget to enter in to my 100 follower giveaway! It ends this weekend, so go now!! Click here to take you to the post and have a super weekend!!