Wow, this has been such a great week! It was busy so I have lots to share, but it also went by so fast! I will try to sum everything up the best that I can by linking up with Doodle Bugs again. :)
1. On Saturday, my husband and I went to a wedding reception for a dear friend. They got married in Mexico in January, so they had a reception close to Cinco de Mayo! How fitting right?! I actually student taught under both of these ladies (bride in the middle) and I'm lucky to have them both as friends now.
2. I came to school on Monday to an adorable note (or should I say notes) on my classroom door for teacher appreciation week from all of my kiddos! It was so fun to read all of their notes. :)
3. I must say I feel very blessed to be in a school and community that really cares about their teachers. Our school had a theme for each day this week and the kids brought in things for us each day. I felt so loved and appreciated and it was wonderful! Definitely a great feeling! The days went like this...
Monday: Students wrote notes for their teachers.
Tuesday: Bring your teacher some flowers.
We got these adorable key chains from our principal on this day too! It says "Our Staff Is "Paw"some!" since we are the Lincoln Lions! Too cute! :)
Wednesday: Bring your teacher some chocolate.
|I had to share some with the kids too because there was a lot of chocolate!! It's dangerous for me to have that much chocolate! ;)|
Thursday: Bring your teacher a smile.
|We took some class pictures on this day too! I sure do love these kiddos!|
Friday: Bring your teacher a snack.
The popcorn came from the school. I actually helped order these because I used to work at this popcorn place called Schlaegel's Popcorn! My brother is a partner in the business now and it's also a tax company, so once we get our taxes done we get a free bag of popcorn. Score! Aren't these custom labels adorable?! Our secretary created them! Plus, the popcorn is quite delicious too, I might add! ;)
4. Thursday I had my mentor celebration where we shared a presentation about our first year of teaching. I must say, I'm glad I have "graduated" from my first year of teaching! I'd say it's time to celebrate! :) We also had our Schools in Review that evening which is basically an open house for parents and the community to come in our school and see what we've been learning. This year we had a "Solve the Mystery" night to get the kids to bring their parents back in. We had a case of the missing Lincoln Lion and one of the teachers was guilty! The kids had to do different experiments in each of the classrooms to solve the mystery and find out who it was. It was a fun little idea and the kids enjoyed finding out who "took" the lion.
5. Today was crazy to say the least! I was supposed to have a sub so I could do my quarterly assessments, but the sub cancelled this morning and no one picked it up. My amazing para offered to do most of the teaching while I sat in the back of the room and pulled kids to assess. I think I'd be lost if it weren't for his help this year! He is the absolute best para I could've asked for and I'm so sad because he is leaving after this year. He will be a tough one to replace for sure! Luckily I am almost done with assessments even with the little hiccup that happened today. I am so excited and proud of how far these kids have come even within the last quarter. It is amazing! They are definitely ready for first grade, but I'm not so sure I'm ready to leave them yet! :( We've had a krazy year with a wild bunch of kiddos, but they are MY krazy, wild bunch of kiddos and I've become so attached to them! I think this picture pretty much sums up our krazy, awesome class perfectly! :)
I also did a little shopping of my own this week on TpT with the big sale and all! You can show us what you bought by clicking the picture below and linking up!
I'm super excited about these two writing resources that I got. Writing is definitely an area that I need to improve in and get more ideas/resources for, so these will be perfect for next year!
|Deanna Jump and Deedee Wills' Writing Through the Year Bundle!|
|Susan Moran's Writing Through the Seasons All Year Long Bundle!|
Thanks to all who bought something from my store during the sale too! I really appreciate it and don't forget to leave feedback so you can get your points! :)
Check back on Sunday for the adorable Mother's Day writing that we did this week. Our moms are going to LOVE them because they are too cute! You won't want to miss it! :)