What a sweet surprise it was to open my email and see a message from Melissa over at Creations By Mrs. Mouse telling me she has nominated my little ole blog for the Liebster Award! What an honor and I am so thankful and humbled by this nomination! :)
From what I read, the Liebster Award is for new blogs with fewer than 250 followers.
So, here are the "rules" for accepting this nomination:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated you.
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 250 followers.
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator.
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees
6. Contact your nominees by commenting on their blog or sending them an email to communicate the nomination.
Here are the questions/answers from Melissa:
1. Do you have any pets?
No, not anymore! I did when I was growing up and living on a farm. Now I live in town and don't really do indoor pets! ;)
2. What grade do you teach? Is this your favorite?
This will be my second year as a teacher and in kindergarten. I love it, but I also loved 1st grade during student teaching!
3. Are you a night owl or do you go to bed early even in the summer?
I'm most definitely a night owl!! I would much rather stay up late than get up early!
4. Which season is your favorite and why?
Summer because it's never cold!! :)
5. How do you relax?
I love watching movies or just chilling on the couch with my husband!
6. What is something that you wished you had been taught in college about teaching?
Ooo tough one! I don't know how they would teach this, but maybe how to deal with challenging parents. Isn't that sad?
7. What is your favorite sweet concoction?
Another toughy! I have a sweet tooth, but I love three layered dessert or a yummy, chewy chocolate chip cookie will do any day!
8. If you could be a superhero, which one would it be and why?
I really have no idea...maybe Super(wo)man so I could fly! :)
9. If you could learn something new, what would it be?
I've always wanted to learn how to play the guitar. It would be fun to bring that into the classroom!
10. Do you have children?
Nope, not yet!
11. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Gosh, I don't even know! I'm sure I will remember when it actually happens, but apparently I don't have one that just sticks out! Haha, weird!
11 Random things about me:
1. I have a big family -- I'm one of 5, my mom is one of 12, and my dad is one of 9! I love it!
2. My favorite colors are green and purple.
3. I grew up a Kansas Jayhawk fan, but went to that "other" Kansas school - Kansas State! :)
4. I graduated valedictorian in high school.
5. I live about 20 miles from where I teach.
6. I grew up on a pig farm.
7. I love to play volleyball...almost any sport really, but volleyball is my favorite!
8. My husband and I just celebrated 3 years of marriage this summer!
9. My husband is a teacher too -- a PE teacher!
10. I love to sing and almost became a music teacher, but the performing by myself in front of people kind of freaks me out!
11. Growing up, we never went on big vacations outside of the state of Kansas, but after getting married I've gone to Riviera Maya, Mexico and Punta Cana, Dominican Republic!
Here are the 11 questions to my nominees:
1. How long have you been teaching?
2. What grades have you taught and which one is your favorite?
3. Do you prefer to go into school early or stay late?
4. What are your hobbies?
5. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
6. When did you decide to be a teacher?
7. How many siblings do you have?
8. What is your favorite subject to teach and why?
9. What is your favorite food?
10. What is your favorite type of movie?
11. What is your favorite part about blogging?
Here are the blogs I am nominating:
Thanks again Melissa for the nomination! Sometimes I feel like I'm just blogging as a reflection piece for me, so it feels great to be noticed! :)