It seems like forever since I've linked up with Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday, but I'm baaack! :)
1. It was my BIRTHDAY on the 7th!! I have a feeling it's going to be a FABULOUS year! :) My sweet little nieces made me gifts and this little one on the left gave me a stuffed puppy and an old phone! Haha! Then she took it back before I left! It was so funny yet so sweet all at the same time! :) On the right you will see the cute flower bouquet made out of balloons and a bottle! How creative?! I was quite impressed!!
2. I went back to work on my birthday! Definitely bitter-sweet! I love the people I work with, so at least I was able to still enjoy the day while I was at work, but of course it would've been even better if I had the day off! The morning we had welcome back activities with the staff and in the afternoon, we got to work in our rooms. On the plus side, I got to pull the birthday card and my sweet husband came to help me in my classroom that afternoon! He's the best and took me out to dinner when we finished up!
3. Speaking of my classroom, it is almost completely finished and ready for our back to school night on Monday! We get all of Monday to work in our rooms, but here is a small sneak peek. I plan to do a classroom tour soon.
4. I made a new friend to go with my back to school theme! I am super excited about it because it turned out better than I even imagined! Does this little guy look familiar?!
PETE THE CAT!!!! He was so much fun to paint and I can't wait to see what my new kiddos think of him! Here is my back to school bulletin board in the hallway! We will be rockin' in our kinder shoes this year! :)
5. I'm so glad the weekend is here because that means FAMILY TIME!!!! I can't wait to head to my parents' house tomorrow and celebrate my grandma's birthday with my huge family! When I say "huge" I really mean it too! We are having a big celebration for her and we're going to get pictures taken with grandma and all of her kids, grandkids, and great grandkids and it will be close to 75+ people in the picture (I think we're somewhere near that number now...maybe even more with spouses). It's so much fun and I can't wait!
Well I hope you are either enjoying every last bit of your summer or having a great time getting your classroom ready or teaching your littles! Have a super year! :)